My silly boys

My silly boys
Can you say cheese?

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

My Fingers are Numb...Isn't it So Cool!



On my long list of things I'd like to do before I die, one of the top things is to learn how to play the guitar. I have wanted to learn for many years and now I finally get the chance. I bought me a classical guitar! I bought it from Alaska's online Employee Assistance Fund auction which uses items left onboard and donated items to raise money to help employees in need.I feel like I got a good deal on it and it seems to be in very good condition. It looks brand new. And I LOVE IT!!!
I bought a few other things in the auction and instead of having them ship it down to me from Seattle, I decided to fly up there and pick them up myself. I felt so cool walking through the airport with a guitar on my back. 3 people asked me how long I've been playing....I had to respond truthfully and tell them that I don't play YET but I want to learn. One girl said "thats alright, Jimi Hendrix had to start somewhere."
I want to be that person that sits around the campfire and plays all the songs on the guitar to all the camp songs. I want to be able to sing to my kids while playing the guitar and instill in them a love for music.
I know you all have a "list" of things to do before you die, so what are you going to do to cross something off your list?
So far I have tried tuning my guitar which proved to be difficult especially because my piano is out of tune. I have learned 4 chords, C-G7-D7-G. My book actually said after learning those 4 chords and practicing on some short songs that "right about now, you may find that your fingertips get sore." Um, yeah. Numb. Cool.

3 comments:

Katie said...

How cool!!! I've wanted to learn to play the guitar, too. But right now I'm learning how to sew, so the guitar will have to wait, lol. I hope you have so much fun with it!

Jeanne said...

Just look at that grin on your face! It feels so good to be passionate about something.

Unknown said...

First of all... I love an updated Boys n Berry blog!! :D Learning the guitar is on my bucket list too... you rock for moving on it though. Good for you! I would love to be sitting around the campfire listening to you. We've actually been listening to your lovely piano stylings circa 199_ish in the car recently, lol. Love ya!