My silly boys

My silly boys
Can you say cheese?

Monday, January 12, 2009

Derby Dad




Our ward is doing a new thing this year with the Pinewood Derby. They are inviting anyone who wants to join in the fun to do so. So Ken thought it would be fun to help Jake and Cougar build their own pinewood derby cars. So Jake thought about it and decided to build a "Bullet Bill" car. Cougar decided on a fighter jet "car". Ken has been very busy just making the basic shape of each car so the boys can "do most of the work themselves" by sanding them and painting them. You should see these cars. I don't know if they will race down the track but they sure look cool. Ken has been anticipating this day for as long as we have known Jake was a boy. He can't wait for scout camp and hikes and eagle projects. I feel so blessed to have a husband who participates in his childrens lives. Ken, we love you! Thanks for being such a great Dad! May this Derby be the first of many!

4 comments:

Paige said...

How fun! Please post a follow up with the finished cars!

Katie said...

How fun. I bet all your "boys" will have a great time doing that!! I also want to see follow up pics!

Anna said...

Okay, I HAVE to show these cars to Rick -- the Pinewood Derby is such a big deal around here. Our ward, too, does a separate race for anyone who wants to participate. Emma's actually placed over Rick's. :) Flower power. I can't wait to see the finished project!!

Unknown said...

Hi...my son wants to do a "bullet bill" derby car and I found your site online searching for some ideas. We love your design...but I have a question. How did you do the arms? Are they painted or stickers? Thanks,
Kon - ktonas@comcast.net
Roseville, CA